Friday, January 20, 2012

What are the hardiest seeds to grow when living in the desert with AC in apartment?

I live in the UAE so for 10 months of the year our air conditioning is on and off throughout the day. Everytime I've tried to grow seeds they die soon after sprouting. I've kept them in the dark, then brought them out and tried to keep them in the most evenly based temperature place in the house but they just die!



The established houseplants I buy do ok (spider plant, lily, hyacinth, bamboo, ivy, orchid).



Any suggestions please, of seeds that are a bit sturdier? Less likely to die on me?! Or is it something maybe I'm doing wrong?

What are the hardiest seeds to grow when living in the desert with AC in apartment?
try keeping them in a container with a lid until they get about 3 in. Then take them out for an hour a day then increase it till the plants are used to it. You might have to start growing cacti or succulents. They will definitely do better.


No comments:

Post a Comment