Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My plants have small centipedes in the soil. Probably about thirty or so. Is this normal? Not the first time.?

These are new plants that I bought from Home Depot. The soil is also new. As I opened the soil bag I noticed a worm and an insect in the soil. The reason I got new plants was taken over by spider Mites and was killing off the plant. My question is this... Is it common for dirt/soil to have bugs/worms in it? It it healthy for the soil? How do I get rid of them? This continues to happen when I buy plants. These were just bought two weeks ago! Am I doing something wrong?

My plants have small centipedes in the soil. Probably about thirty or so. Is this normal? Not the first time.?
you asked whether it normal for your soil to have worms in it or not i really dont know but i do know that the worms are good for the soil because they help turning the soil all the time and this is good for your plants. but about the insects in the bag i dont know.
Reply:I don't think that is normal. Are these indoor plants? Are you worried about all those bugs replicating and multiplying in your house?


No comments:

Post a Comment