Monday, January 30, 2012

What plants or extracts react to indicate amphibians in the vicinity?

I forgot some plant extracts will repell them selves away from things such as toads and frogs. I think some gums react like chewing gum extracted from gum trees will pull away from spiders and frogs or when place a wad on a pine cone well spin around when a frog is present. But there use to be some plant that violently reacted when ever a frog was present and swordsmen use to put it on there scabbard and it would tip the sword on a frog. Thats the one I want I havent seen it around for years. Or if you have a class and subclass that this reaction to amphibians fall under in botany terms.

What plants or extracts react to indicate amphibians in the vicinity?
Growth of the chytrid fungus Batrochochytrium dendrobatidis in parts of Central and South America and Queensland killing Frogs.

Some blue green algae like Microcystis aeruginosa secretes neurotoxins-microcystins, which kills the herbivorous larvae of frogs.
Reply:Wow that's something I'd like to know also. I have never known any plant extracts that reacted to amphibians or insects. I know several that repel insects and animals. but not react to thier presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment