Monday, January 23, 2012

I just trimmed back my rosebushes. Should I water them now?

I live in L.A. I trimed them all back basically to the crowns because they haven't been trimmed in years. Should I kind of let them go dormant for the winter now or should I continue to water them? Also, I'm trying to root some of the stems. I made my own rooting hormone by sticking a spider plant in water for a few weeks and now I am using that water for the roses. Should I add dirt too?

I just trimmed back my rosebushes. Should I water them now?
The trimming back is fine, you don't really need to water them since the ground is still a little wet from the rain we got. You could water, but you don't need a lot. I don't think that you have to put in dirt to the water the stems will be fine. Just plant them before the heat starts again. We still have good weather so they will be fine.



I work in the family business which is a Landscaping Business and we just trimmed most of our customers roses and we got some steams to transplant at our house.
Reply:Water the roses as needed, probably once a month during winter. Add mulch around crowns.


No comments:

Post a Comment