Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Can anyone Identify this HUGE spider?

Ok, I am fairly familiar with the species of spiders that live around here in Michigan where I live.. But this one takes the cake.,, I have to identify it for my work because this is the second one we have found in the building. I work in a mirror plant and these spiders came from a crate delivered from Ireland along with some glass. They look like Giant wolf spiders (this one was at least 3.5 inches from tip of leg to tip of leg) it is very hairy like a wolf spider.. in fact If I were a gambling man, I would bet this is a sub species of the wolf located in Ireland.. But I could be wrong, so I have to ask for help!

Here is the link to the picture of it, sorry its not better.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/K...



The second one was found today which was bigger than the one in the picture by about an inch and darker in color (which I assume would be the female if it is indeed some type of wolf spider)

Any Ideas anyone?

Can anyone Identify this HUGE spider?
I am no spider expert but I see spiders like that all the time here in Ireland. I believe it is a type of wolf spider. Certain species of wolf spider are found all over the world, according to wikipedia.
Reply:it might be a wolf spider and to find out step on it and see if all the babies come out...or a brown recluse cant spell it but not sure if they are around where you live,,they are here,


No comments:

Post a Comment