Friday, January 20, 2012

Will an activated carbon filter working in conjuction with a HEPA filter successfully filter pesticides?

I have neighbors that excessively use pesticides on their lawn. Being concerned that some of these poisons might be permeated into my home, I purchased the 5000 series Vocarb from AllerAir to set in my bedroom. It has..



Filtration System: Vocarb Carbon, Micro HEPA, Prodense Pre-filter

Carbon Filter: 18 lbs Vocarb, 2.5" Depth



The page for it can be found here.

http://www.allerair.com/air-purifiers/ai...



Will this filter suck all of the pesticides out of the indoor air, or is even it not enough? I also have a Spider Plant, Golden Pothos plant, and Bamboo plant in my room. With the plants working in conjuction with the air filter, should there be no measurable level of pesticide residue in my room that might be inhaled?

Will an activated carbon filter working in conjuction with a HEPA filter successfully filter pesticides?
This system will reduce pesticides very substantially. There will be some getting through.

The amount getting through will increase as the filters have absorbed more.



If your neighbors are surviving, you likely will too.
Reply:HEPA's will remove most organic compounds, but not every one.


No comments:

Post a Comment