Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I've been growing spider plants in my house all winter, so how can I keep them alive outside this summer?

In my experience, any hanging basket plant dries out much more quickly than those planted into the ground. So therefore, water would be your main concern, seeing to it that they don't dry out too much.

Fertilize according to schedule.



You may even consider a repotting (even in the same basket) with a water retaining potting soil. I hear they have some good ones on the market. That way you won't risk too much drying.



Basically, same care as you gave them indoors, only with the different air quality outside, watch the moisture level.



Happy Plant Growing!

Becca

I've been growing spider plants in my house all winter, so how can I keep them alive outside this summer?
Be sure to "hard off" your spiders by bringing them outside for longer periods each day. It should take at least a week. My spiders foliage always looks awful. even after hardening them so I just clip off all the leaves to a height of 2 inches. Then I fertilize them and just leave them outside at about the same time I plant tomatoes.I put them in partial shade and keep them in an inconspicuous spot till they look nice again.

Rubber Slippers

No comments:

Post a Comment