Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I'm trying to grow hydroponic tomatoes and lettuce this year and need help.?

The leaves on the tomato plants start out green and lush and begin turning yellow then brown. I don't know what to do. I think it may be spider mites and I tried natural predators. But it has only gotten worse. Can anyone help ?

I'm trying to grow hydroponic tomatoes and lettuce this year and need help.?
i used to work in a hydroponis tomatoe plant right after high school.. what you need to be doing is cutting off the leaves to expose the bottom three clusters if you dont do this the bottom leaves will take on nutrition that they dont need... theese leaves are useless once the clusters are gone... ... you need to spray for bugs and fertilize....
Reply:It's probably the fertilizer (or lack thereof). Hydro tomatoes are completely dependent on what you feed them, so it has to be right. I got best results when I used the three different mixes ("grow", "bloom", and "fruit") rather than the single one.

You might also need to schedule the pump more often as they get larger.


No comments:

Post a Comment