Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How will the MR-14ex help me?

I am thinking about buying the MR-14ex for my 350d, but I was wondering how useful is it? The pop-up flash works pretty well (ok, its a little harsh sometimes), but I can PP it out very easily.



I shoot mostly plants with macro, with the occasional fly or spider.



Oh, and I have the 100mm macro lens.

How will the MR-14ex help me?
Macro ring lights are built to give you a much more even, pleasing light than the blast from the on-board pop-up flash, so you can nail the exposure in the camera, and cut back on spending your time post-shoot, trying to correct the harsh shadows and otherwise clunky light from the pop-up. If you want the best macro flash shots you can get, a ring light is almost essential - and you can use it for more than just macro shots. It's almost cliche any more, but ring flashes are big in fashion photography and for creating funky portraits.


No comments:

Post a Comment