Saturday, January 14, 2012

How should I treat spider mites on my Hibiscus?

I have a hibiscus in the front entry way of my new house and it has a horrible infestation of what I think is spider mites. It is severe and I wondered if there is something I can pick up tonight at Home Depot or Walmart that won't cost an arm and a leg but will save my plant.

How should I treat spider mites on my Hibiscus?
My hibiscus' tend to get aphids and all I do is fill a water bottle (spray)with a mix of dish soap and water and give the plant a good soaking making sure to spray both top and bottom of the leaves....you can also buy products like Safers insecticidal soap...if that does not work you can put your whole plant in a garbage bag and spray into the bag with the likes of Raid house and garden...and quickly seal the bag for a day...I like the first method best as do the plants...Hibiscus also like the moisture on their buds it helps them flower
Reply:Go here:



http://www.ehow.com/how_6942_control-spi...


No comments:

Post a Comment